RapidComposer is a rapid music prototyping software designed for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles.
Whether you are a seasoned professional or simply ready to take your music to the next level, RapidComposer is the complete solution you need for faster and more productive music composition.
Latest version: v3.03 (June 20, 2016)
Check out the tutorial videos and user songs
RapidComposer features (click on a feature to see screenshots, NOTE: most screenshots are from earlier versions... )
- Advanced tools for
phrase grouping, motif development, chord progression editing,
- Master track with chords (absolute or chord functions) which all phrases automatically conform to
- Chord suggestions, chord progression generation, chord progression rules editing,
- Melody generation, melody auto-harmonization using 2 methods,
- Piano roll with scale and chord notes shading, and smart arranging of overlapped notes in two styles.
- In-place non-destructive phrase-level and note-level editing
- Sophisticated MIDI CC editing and recording
- Articulations can be assigned to phrases or even individual notes
- Extensive scale, chord, guitar chord, chord progression databases,
- Rhythm drag-and-drop between phrases or from rhythm browser, applying a rhythm pattern on a phrase,
- Taggable instrument browser of all MIDI, VSTi and SF2 presets in one place
- Integrated Idea Tool that can generate a multi-track composition, offering 3 different workflows
- Unlimited undo and the ability to make several versions of the same composition
- Fully customizable user interface with preset themes
- Fully customizable keyboard shortcuts
- MIDI Drag And Drop tracks or composition to DAWs
- Virtual instruments (VSTi v2.4 plug-ins) support
- SoundFont (.SF2) support
- Standalone and VST version (32-bit and 64-bit)
Composition workspace. Click for bigger screenshot
Idea Tool. Click for bigger screenshot
Chord rules editor. Click for bigger screenshot
Harmonization results. Click for bigger screenshot
Focus On Music!
RapidComposer allows you to focus on the big picture
instead of tinkering with notes. As a composer you want to work with scales, chords, phrases and variations.
With the unique non-destructive approach of the software you can modify ANY aspect of your composition ANY TIME
, even at the highest level.
For example you can change the structure (add a new verse or line or remove them), or use a different scale/chord progression or a different key even on a finished composition.
You can drag and drop a chord progression on your composition (or any part of it) if you want to. The phrases are smart, they always conform to the current chord and scale so you cannot go wrong. Thanks to the advanced instrument management when you select an acoustic guitar instrument, guitar chords will automatically be used for that track. Not to mention that you can add your own tags to instruments.
These were just a few examples, you must try it yourself! You will see that your ideas will come to life in virtually no time.
You won't find dozens of musical styles, or thousands of ready-made patterns included with this application. However we provide you amazing tools to unleash your creativity. With the included phrase and rhythm generators
you can generate thousands of musically useful phrases based on your requirements.
The Idea Tool
will generate a multitrack composition after setting up the conditions and rules of the tool and pressing the "Generate" button.
This application is an infinite source of inspiration, and soon you will be wondering how you could have ever worked without it.
Whenever you import a MIDI file or record from your keyboard, RapidComposer will analyse the notes, fill the master track with harmonies, and convert the notes to relative form.
The advantage of separating the form and harmony is significant, e.g. you can play back a Bach piece using the chords of Hotel California! Or listen to your composition in another key, or with another chord progression. The possibilities are endless. Unlike other music prototyping software, the imported notes will not change; there is no reason the imported file should sound differently. You can manually override automatic harmonization decisions from chord suggestions.